Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Work

So I got myself a part time job. I'm working weekends at this little gun shop, which I said I would never do again b/c of all the jerkwads I had to put up w/ a Jay's Sporting Goods who thought women couldn't know anything about sporting goods. The pay starts at $10/hr, and if I make it past the first month it goes to $11/hr. Makes me realize I'm underpaid at the credit union. I better ask my boss for a raise before we fill the position we're hiring for and she has someone better to compare me to.

Today at the CU we had our Wednesday training that we have on Wednesdays. The operations supervisor brought cards and she spread them on the table and asked questions. When we got one right we got to pick a card and at the end, whoever had the best hand won a $5 gift card (which I won w/ an ace high straight). After we were done we still had 20 mins left so I suggested we play real poker. One of our members walked by and peered in the window and saw us sitting around a table playing cards and betting candy. She pulled on the door, but of course we were closed, so we tried to look as busy as possible until she left. I bet she was pissed.

3 comments:

Frank said...

Jeez, all that money in the vault and you use candy !?!

Jessica said...

Good for you. I was too lazy to get a second job when I was your age. Now I wish I had worked a little harder before starting my family. Now extra work means time away from Seth, and I don't want that.

Sherri Sanders said...

I've always wanted to learn how to play poker....