Monday, May 7, 2007

Tourist Season

The tourists are coming! The tourists are coming! The first cruise ship rolled into town on Sunday. And we almost got a record breaking amount of rain over the weekend. Today when I went out for lunch I saw four helecopters flying overhead. Showing the tourist the highway and soppy marshes, no doubt.

I don't go out for lunch that much, but I had to drop off my brand new notary stamp at the stamp place because they spelled my name wrong. I can see how they made the mistake. My name was only printed in size 24 font on my notary certificate. At $3.18 a gallon it was not a trip I wanted to make.

I saw my first real live cruise ship tonight. I had to look twice 'cause at first glance I thought it was a building it was so huge. Later on when it floated into the channel I was able to snap a few photos of it. This thing was ginormous. It was like a floating city. Every once in a while I'd see a tiny flash and I realized, people were photographing me.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

One gas station here is selling gas for $3.25 a gallon. Or perhaps I should say they're advertising it for $3.25 a gallon. I can't imagine that anyone could be buying it since it's $3.19 a gallon everywhere else in town.

Frank said...

3.19 here too. hopefully I will be photographing you from a cruise ship in Aug.

Unknown said...

Great shots! I love good night time shots. And I love the cruise ship! Wish I could say I was snapping your photo too.
Sticking my tongue out at "frank" :)~

Jessica said...

Love the cruise ship photos!

Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm.... perhaps you'll end up in someone's family vacation photo album. :)

'This is that girl we seen when we were on that Alaskan Cruise.....'